- Over 5 million youth and high school athletes are treated for a sports-related injury each year.
- Over half of the injuries are overuse injuries that occur because of improper training and technique.
The S.A.F.E. program combines evidence based injury prevention programs with injury risk assessments and timely evaluations to help reduce the rate of injury among youth athletes and improve their return to play outcomes.
- Entire youth clubs can enroll in S.A.F.E. Teams are then taught an evidence based, injury prevention program designed by a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Enrolled athletes are provided with a S.A.F.E. program card which entitles them to S.A.F.E. program benefits.
SAFE PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- Complimentary evaluation by a Doctor of Physical Therapy in the event of an injury.
- Priority referral to a sports physician. Communication of injury and treatment plan with coach (if authorized by patient & parents).
- Treatment in the event of injury, progress evaluations and enrollment in Return to Play transition program to help prevent re-occurrence or new injuries.
- On-going email access to physical therapists and performance experts.
The Fine Print:
- In order to enroll in the SAFE program, athletes must commit to learning and implementing injury risk reduction protocols. Athletes pay a one-time fee of $40 for the SAFE Risk Reduction protocol which is taught during a 1.5 hour session at the DPT Sports Performance Center.
- A minimum of 8 athletes required to schedule a SAFE Risk Reduction session. Please schedule as a team.
- Initial evaluation in the event of injury is complimentary and will be scheduled subject to DPT availability.
- Referrals and treatment subject to the requirements of each athlete's health insurance plan.
- Enrollment in Return to Play program following treatment available at an additional cost.