Gaspar Doctors of Physical Therapy are experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement and balance dysfunctions. We care for a variety of muscle, joint, and nervous system disorders that can affect your balance.
Don’t ignore the facts
- One in every three persons age 65 and older falls each year.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury and accidental death in those over the age of 85.
- In 2005, 15,800 people 65 and older died from injuries related to unintentional falls.
- About 1.8 million people 65 and older were treated in ER’s for injuries sustained from falls (CDC 2008).
Risk factors associated with falls:
- Older age
- Muscle weakness
- A history of falls
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, stroke, walking problems, fear of falling.
Gaspar Doctors of Physical Therapy will assess or evaluate your:
- Fall risk
- Medical history
Your balance program
After your initial evaluation your therapist will provide you with a custom treatment program, which may consist of:
- Strengthening exercises
- Flexibility exercises
- Gait training
- Patient education safety awareness
- Transfer exercises
- Balance exercises
- Vestibular testing
- Home exercise program
State-of-the-art medical technology featuring Biodex and WiiFit at select offices
- Rapidly identifies your deficits
- Is easy to understand
- Helps you reach your goals faster
- Saves you time and treatments